Widgepedia is a support wiki for teachers who use or are interested in using Widgets Inc.: A task-based course in workplace English (2018, Atama-ii Books) in their English classes. If you are not familiar with Widgets Inc., please read about the course.
This is a wiki, so we expect that it will always remain a work in progress. As we get new ideas for improving the course, we will add them here. Likewise, if you have an idea which could help other teachers to use the course, please let us know — or just go ahead and add it to the wiki yourself.
Anyone can access and use the materials on Widgepedia. However, if you wish to edit pages, add other resources, share your modified lesson plans, etc., then you will need to create an account. Click the login button at the top-right of the page to do this. You don't need to use your real name as your account name.
Please note that editing is not automatic. All edits are reviewed and then approved or rejected by the administrator, usually within 24 hours. This is a safety feature to prevent vandalism and spam. If your edit still hasn't been approved after 24 hours, try contacting us at publisher (at-mark) atama-ii (dot) com.
Finally, please be respectful of others and follow our User Guidelines. Happy Widgeting!
There are two things to keep in mind regarding permissions:
1. Widgets Inc. (i.e. the coursebook itself) is published under a standard copyright license (2018, Atama-ii Books). This means that all permissions to copy and share it are reserved by the publisher. If you would like permission to print or copy pages or text from the book, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to accommodate reasonable requests. We allow the full text of the book to be accessed online via an embedded link here: Widgets Inc. online sample. You may access this freely, but you may not download, print, or otherwise copy it.
2. Widgepedia.com (i.e. this website) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. This means that you are able to share (that is: copy and redistribute the material found here) and adapt (that is: remix, transform, and build upon the material) as long as you follow the terms below.
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests that we endorse you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you do remix, transform, or build upon the material, then you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything that our license permits.
To be clear: the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 terms apply to everything on this website except the coursebook itself: i.e. not to the print version, and not to the embedded digital version. The coursebook itself remains under a standard copyright license. Thank you for your cooperation.